Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Rocks


Just a quick little progress update on the record listening. I was taking them in order until I got to a double live record from Aerosmith. Nothing wrong with it but, instead of listening to the same songs (albeit live versions) I just heard over the last few days, I thought I'd jump around a little. One of my favorite Bowie albums, and a little Band before dinner seemed like the way to go. Got a 3 day weekend with a variety of cool events (Navajo culture things) and one not so hot (starter on the Funkmobile sounds like it's thinking of bailing...). But, with some luck, I can get in some more listening. In a nerdy moment, I figured I need to listen to about 2 albums a day to hit them all by New Year's Eve. Slightly behind the pace at the moment but, that's where weekends come in to help out! It's gonna be a tough project in all 'cause, I gotta hear new stuff too. Good thing there's some stuff in there I haven't heard in some years. Still, it's a pretty cool thing to try and do... Layin' da needle in da groove...



Albums listened to since last post: "Rocks", "Draw the Line" (Aerosmith), "Aladdin Sane" (David Bowie), "Best of the Band" (Band). Total listened to: 8. To go: 677 ( 359 days)




1 comment:

  1. Well I love it. Right up my alley. Decemberists with some alt-country influence from 2010 touring with Gilliam Welch. You can pick up hints of Tom Petty riffs, gobs of REM fruit, a little melancholy Springsteen on the nose, notes of Knopler storytelling on the back palette. Drink now, but will only benefit from cellaring.

    ReplyDelete