Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Change...



So much for going in order. I dug a couple out today circa 1979-80. Today is the anniversary of one of my not so pleasant memories from '79, that turned out to be a pretty crazy year. On the plus side that year, I started a 14 month stint as an intern at a local disco radio station. To have a passion for music like I do and to work at a radio station (even if it was disco), for a teen was an absolute dream job. Watching the goings on of a station, seeing new records (and getting some of the doubles) as they came in, knowing about stuff months before any of your friends would, reading 'Radio & Records' magazine every week, was all just to cool. A 2 week summer trip back east for the first time since we moved to the moon was also in the cards that year. Soaking in the vibes from NYC from across the river was pretty bitchin' too. I had a chance (I guess) to see KISS at MSG but replied I'd rather see the Allman Brothers (ah... good taste even then!). Well, that didn't happen either, since my Aunt and her boyfriend had seen the Allmans 20+ times already. Turned out, the KISS concert was reviewed in Rolling Stone! Ah, well... I lived none the less. So, today I took a mental musical trip back to that era with "Candy-O" and the Tubes "Remote Control". I had listened to "Change No Change" by Elliot Easton yesterday and it left me craving a bit more. So, slap on my favorite Cars album. I'm still a bit offa the pace for listening but I don't think I'm doing too bad. Turntable's getting a lotta use. Hope it holds up. I do have another in reserve, just in case...



Albums listened to since last post; "Original Folk Blues" (Lightning Hopkins), "Clear Spot" (Captain Beefheart), "Change No Change" (Elliot Easton), "Candy-O" (Cars), "Remote Control" (Tubes). Total listened to: 20. To go: 665 (352 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment