Friday, January 14, 2011

Down and dirty...



Figgered I better post something before I run over my tag characters limit. Diggin' the vinyl although I'm a bit offa the pace. I'll be adding another one to the collection tomorrow too. Finally received a CD and a DVD I've been waiting for. More on those later too. I've been all over the place with the vinyl selections. One, I dig the variety and, two, some artists, I have a serious number of albums from. There'll be some "periods", if you will. I'm really diggin' this Wailers album right now. I think it was their first, or one of them anyways (good research, huh?). Last night, I was grooving to "Ray Charles Greatest Hits". This was one of FOUR albums I picked up at a thrift store one day. Flipping through the Barry Manilows, John Denvers, "Thriller"s, and other assorted nonsense, there were these old and HEAVY Ray Charles records. Guess someone flipped out and gave them away. I couldn't have paid more than $10 for the four. And they're in great shape too. So, if you're looking for some good old vinyl, get down and dirty and flip through those dusty frisbees 'cause ya never know when you'll find those jewels from some fool's old collection they decided to give away. Most of the time, you just get dirty. But have hope! Back to the music...


Albums listened to since last post; "Hey Jude" (Beatles), "Night in the Ruts" (Aerosmith), "Computer World" (Kraftwerk), "This Year's Model" (Elvis Costello), "Ray Charles Greatest Hits", "Burnin'" (Wailers). Total listened to: 26. To go: 659 (344 days).

No comments:

Post a Comment