Monday, November 2, 2009

Twice as nice



Oh, man, was this worth the hype! I got my copy of 'Double Down Live' last week and checked them out last weekend. First, I checked out the "Now" disc. Great shots, top notch music, cool edits and effects. Way cool. There is also an interview by a French media outlet with the band which I found disappointing. Same old questions, no new info for anyone who's followed the band for any length of time. Otherwise, I really liked the video. Yesterday, I let disc one fly. What a incredible show! With the rest of the sound filled out and something to lay the eyes on, it put my bootleg to shame! It looks like this was the complete show as well (which, even at 2 CD's, the boot didn't completely capture). Having first seen the band live in 1994, I'd never seen them with all that energy before! Billy G. is almost non-stop bouncing and running all over the place. The craziest part of this show was that they didn't hit the stage until 4a! At one point, you see them going backstage and passing a clock reading 5:35! If you think about it, that is about 11:35p Texas time (-ish) so, as long as they hadn't readjusted the ol' body clocks, they were already physically there for it. This is a great pick up if you're a ZZ fan. Not a bad place to start either...

No comments:

Post a Comment