Thursday, April 18, 2013

State of the groove...

Thanks to a generous donor, NOTIMEWARP RADIO stays available for free to listeners without Live 365 VIP memberships. Being a hobbyist station, I don't make any money offa this gig. I just spend time and effort to put some songs on that people probably don't get to hear all that often, if ever. Without donations, it's completely up to me to pay the fee to broadcast every few months (which I've been doing for 9 years now). Live 365 has been a great option for people who wanna start their own stations. Relatively inexpensive, easy to use, they pay royalties for you... all you hafta do is add music. Unfortunately, the host site has been having regular hardware issues that effect broadcasters and listeners alike. For quite some time now, around the middle of the month, things get funky at Live 365 and web pages can't be reached, listeners can't log in, live broadcasts don't connect, song info doesn't update... It can be disheartening at times when money's tight and you put in alla the effort for what can be for few listeners. I know as a listener, I just wanna hear something good and I wanna hear it now. No hoops, no interruptions, just music. There's so MANY options out there to listen to music for free, you really gotta bring the goods these days. Gotta have great music that people wanna hear, it's gotta be easy for them to find / listen, and be there when they want it. Hopefully, and soon, Live 365 gets it together and puts out a product that can really compete with the big boys and make it easier for listeners to find and listen to alla the great stations they host, like NOTIMEWARP RADIO!

Today the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has their annual induction bash, this year in Los Angeles. With it, brings the legions of whiners who wanna know "Why not this band?" or "How can blah blah blah be in there but not blah?". Yeah, there's some in there I scratch my head at and others I wonder what the hold up is but there is a process to it all. Most people who complain never bother to go to the Rock Hall site and read what the induction process is, most importantly the part that sez "The Foundation's nominating commitee selects nominees each year in the Performer category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of more than 600 artists, historians and members of the music industry. Those performers who receive the highest number of votes - and more than 50 percent of the vote - are inducted". I gotta wonder about these people who whine on the Rock Hall's Facebook posts. Why are you following them if you think they're such a joke? Anyways, I'm most happy to see my favorite Blues player of all time, Albert King, get in there. I'm also happy to see Rush and Heart get in as well. I loved Public Enemy's 'Fear of a Black Planet' from the first second I heard it.I'm looking forward to the airing of the induction ceremony on cable, in a few months I guess. Til next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment