Monday, February 21, 2011

Oozing through the grooves...

Another large gap between posts but, here we are today. Gots the creative jones creeping in as I grab some more new music for the collection, itching to pick up my camera again, Record Store 2011 approaches, listening to tons of music all stirred up on my ipod classic... inspiration just oozing from all directions. It's starting to look like I'm gonna need some serious listening marathons to get through the whole collection by year's end. Regardless if I get through them all, I'm finding some great stuff I either haven't heard in years or just plain forget about. So, this edition's video is from 1975 as the Doobie Brothers rip through 'Neal's Fandango' and 'Road Angel', which the last one comes from the "What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" album. The Doobies were my first "real" favorite band. I bought my first album, "The Captain and Me" for my 10th birthday. The Doobies were called a "bubblegum rock" band back then and I never got that. Ok, I was into them and was a 10 year old but, they weren't playing mindless pop; these guys rocked! Dig the vid -



Albums listened to since last post; "Toulouse Street", "What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" (Doobie Brothers), "Band of Gypsys" (Jimi Hendrix), "Ghost in the Machine" (Police), "Gaucho" (Steely Dan), "Jailbreak" (Thin Lizzy), "Sweet Dreams" (Eurythmics), "Stone Crazy" (Buddy Guy), "Purple Rain" (Prince), "Sly & the Family Stone Greatest Hits". Total listened to: 81. To go: 605.

No comments:

Post a Comment