Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One time, one night...


OK, two times. Checked out the Los Lobos shows at the Compound Grill in Phoenix this past Saturday. Wow! What a great coupla shows! I thought the first show was the best LL show I've ever seen. Just the continual round houses starting with Dream in Blue, into Down by the River, Are You Experienced, and Kiko and the Lavender Moon... After the first show, they came out to sign autographs, hawk cd's, talk with fans, etc. Didn't get to chat with the whole band like the last time they were in these parts. I planned on catching them after the 2nd show but they didn't look like they were leaving anytime soon and I didn't want to start asking for autographs when I really wasn't supposed to be in the backstage area anyway (I peeked in to say good night to a long time friend of the band I met through their fan forum "The Neighborhood"). I'm really not a big fan of club shows (I hate being around drunks) but this was such a cool gig. GA seating and I walked right in and sat in the 2nd row. Off just to the left of the stage was an elevated table area where Cesar Rosas and Louie Perez were hanging out. Both were ambushed for autographs from a couple of guys who both brought their 'How Will the Wolf Survive' albums and they graciously signed them. Can't wait for 'em to come back! David Hidalgo and Cesar Rosas are coming back to Phoenix on March 7 as part of the 'Experience Hendrix' tour. I got my ticket yesterday (amazing since I tried to buy one 3 weeks ago and was told it was sold out). They'll be part of a ridiculously great line up that includes Billy Cox, Joe Satriani, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Jonny Lang, Chris Layton, and Doyle Bramhall II. I have a feelin' this is gonna be sumpin' special. www.notimewarp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment