Sunday, March 6, 2011

For your pleasure...

Well, I wanted to do a nice little entry on Roxy Music today. I listened to a good chunk of my RM collection. But, that life... it just keeps pullin' ya in all different directions. So, once again, I've dug out a video from something from one of those records. This one's from 1976, performed in Stockholm.



Albums listened to since last post; "Full House", "Bloodshot" (J. Geils Band), "Mercy" (Steve Jones), "New Orleans Heat" (Albert King), "Secrets" (Robert Palmer), "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn", "Ummagumma" (Pink Floyd), "For Your Pleasure", "Stranded", "Country Life", "Siren" (Roxy Music), "Melting Pot" (Booker T. and the MG's).Total listened to: 111. To go: 577 (335 days).

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear that one again, reminds me so much of my formative years hearing music through the almost closed door of my brother's bedroom. Roxy Music were such a bridge from the early 70's to what was to follow - a band that created their own time almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got into Roxy Music from their later albums, 'Flesh + Blood' and 'Avalon', and worked my way back from there. They really had their own sound, which not everybody got. I didn't always get it! But, yeah, they were a bridge from Glam to the Punk - New Wave era.

    ReplyDelete